Thursday, March 20, 2014

Japan

I've always wanted to go to Japan. It seems so exciting and I would love to learn more about my heritage. My grandmother is from Japan. I used to go to her house all the time and she would teach me some Japanese. She told me that my great great grandfather was a samurai. How cool is that? Her and my dad have given me a lot of little trinkets from there. Like fans, little statues, and even my dad's old kimono from when he was little.  Growing up I've been surrounded by things from Japan or that are related to it. My dad used to make this delicious sushi and other all kinds of dishes. One of my favorite things about my old house was that we had a cherry blossom tree out front. It only bloomed for about a month or so, but it was so beautiful. In Japan the cherry blossom represents the beauty and fragility of life. Another thing I love about Japan is origami. My sister and I are obsessed with it. I just think all the little things you can make with just paper are so cute! I really hope I can travel to Japan one day. It's one of my biggest dreams. Of course I'd have to learn Japanese first, but I would love to do that also. Hopefully this is a dream that will come true!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your story pole! You worked so hard on it and your sushi was awesome!

    ReplyDelete